All Things Good & Golden

15:05

-  H A P P Y   2 0 2 2  -
fellow readers

It's been a long minute. Quite possibly the longest time I've gone AWOL. But my life changed, dramatically, on the day I wrote my last post. It feels fitting to now write this post as we drift into a new year that, for me, will be new in strange and wonderful ways. 


Because I am engaged 

My life has suddenly welcomed the man I call best friend, fiancé, soulmate. It has made space for the man I am now planning a future with, a significant other without whom life now makes no sense, my person who I cannot imagine a lifetime without. I have a ring on my finger, a wedding to plan, a human to love until the end of time. I have someone who makes me believe in things long-forgotten, who believes in my dreams as if they are his own, who is the manifestation of every silent and spoken prayer. He is the miracle I have been praying on for an incredibly long time. Who showed up just when I'd given up on finding it at all. Who showed up right on time. Which, by his standards, is a whole other miracle of its own.

If I'd caught a glimpse of my future seven months ago, I would have seen all things good and golden that I'd only ever dreamed of being mine but never dared to believe could belong to me at all. And yet. Here I am, writing to you again, this time with a ring on my finger, a wedding to plan, a human to love until the end of time. I would say that he came out of nowhere, but, the truth is that he was always there all along. The someone I never saw coming, but should have. My beginning, middle, end. Past, present, future. The answer to every prayer, the answer to every unasked question, the answer to every how why when. He was inevitable. He and I have always been inevitable.

It is a story that still, to me, feels quite surreal. It is one that could make an irreligious man believe in a higher order. Or at the very least believe in destiny. Or something close to it. It's also not one I'm willing to put out into a public space. I am Cloud Nine happy - and it is so very tempting to shout from the rooftops about it, especially when this has always been my space to share every high and every low  - but this is one I want to keep to myself. It is an incredibly personal high. He is special. In ways that I could never do justice with words. My heart carries him with so much happiness, pride and gratitude. He is the most precious thing that belongs to me. And I want to keep him close to my heart.

2022 will be our year. It is a year that I hope will inspire new writings. It is a year that I pray is only the beginning of something beautiful. We never know what life brings. It is messy, confusing, complicated...but, once in a while, it has a way of surprising you in ways you never imagined. And this, a love story to call my own, is a surprise that I want to cherish and hold on to for as long as I live.

You Might Also Like

0 comments